2008/01/04

Haitian Tupac



So over the holiday break, I got a chance to peep the movie Ghost Of Cite Soleil. I'll first start off by saying that i'm not a movie buff at all. I went to the movies three times in '07. I peeped Cocaine Cowboys, The Departed and Snakes On A Plane. I know what the millions of R2L fans are thinking, "Our beloved daruffian actually saw that whack shit?"
Yeah i did but here's the skinny. I saw it on a date. It also can be said, I no longer fuck wit the chick because we just "weren't compatible." I guess her wanting to see that whack ass movie should have been a red flag. Anyways, Ghost Of Cite Soleil is the most hardbody documentary I've seen to date.
First off, not to get on a soap box but if the U.S. wants to police the world, they could at least start in a place that's a 2 hour plane ride from Miami. Moving along, this joint follows two brothers, Tupac and Bily. These cats are two gang leaders in the gulliest hood in the world. To back track abit, its no secret that Haiti is gully. These kids are running the gulliest hood in Haiti to put shit in a proper prospective.
However they arent a gang like on sum Crips and blood shit. These cats are fighting for the cause, or so they believe. The illest shit was when the kid Tupac pulled up in a jeep bumping the unreleased version of 2Pac's joint "There Will Neva Be Peace." Oops! i almost slipped up. Just cause its '08 don't think i was gonna review this joint for you on some Siskel & Ebert shit. Peep the trailer then and go Netflix the shit. Thank me later. Oh yeah, now if you want to fuck wit a real movie buff check out Ziploc Moe's movie picks of the year over.

No comments: